Biomedical engineering involves the application of the engineering principles in the field of medicine and a biomedical engineer operate at the interface of engineering, medicine and biology aimed at the better health care.
The principle objective of the department in CMC, kochi is to support the management of medical
equipments in the hospital, promote academic activities and research in the field of biomedical engineering.
Technical Support in the purchase of equipments
Supporting the management of medical equipments
In house maintenance of equipments.
At present, the focus is on re-engineering the process of management of medical equipments in the hospital.
Biomedical Engineering Students
- Structured training programs for B tech Biomedical engineering students.
Novel biomedical project identification and support for B Tech & M Tech engineering students
Aims at developing capability for defining a medical problem in engineering terms and finding a solution that satisfies the clinical need
Take fresh B. Tech Biomedical engineers as trainees
Our External Services
Advice for equipments planning / purchase – competitive analysis of various products
Sharing our experience in equipment management
Open for any genuine support / collaboration for any biomedical engineering support from a medical
college that might be required for development, testing and other purpose.
For more information regarding any of these services, contact us through email.
Our Technical Team
Mr Nithin Besent Btech (Biomedical engineer)
Mr Aalaap Kumar (Dip in Instrumentation)
Mr Sheyas K. M ( Dip in Medical Electronics )
Head Of Department : 0484 2754450 ( or 0484 2754000 ext 4450)
Biomedical Engineer and other staff : 0484 2754000 ext 2424
Department of biomedical engineering
Cochin Medical college
HMT Colony P. O
Kalamassery – 683503
First floor of the casualty block adjacent to Medical Superintend office.
For route map click here
- Considerable reduction in downtime of the machines
- Cost saving by inhouse maintenance
- Evaluation of novel proposal for implementation of better technologies
- Successfully conducted Certificate Course in Hospital Engineering for B tech Biomedical engineers
- Conducted Summer internship programs for biomedical engineering students
- Training of fresh Biomedical engineers
- Framed biomedical projects for B Tech & M Tech Students
Suggestions for Improvement
Share your opinions and help us to improve our biomedical engineering department